General Terms and Conditions:
The entire content of this website is copyrighted to John Scott and should never be reproduced/copied to another website without written authorization from the owner
Websites that are scraping content in the form of RSS feeds, bots, or manual methods will be reported to their web host with a DMCA take down notice.
Please make sure you ask for permission from us before you copy anything that appears on this website
We committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14th July 2014
2. What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and other registration details (id, password etc)
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information relevant to helping us refine and improve the efficiency and presentation of our products and applications
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We do not collect:
- information that identifies you as a specific individual other than above where you specifically supply us with registration details. Please note: Mobile applications which do not present a registration screen may identify you as a specific unique user-id (number) within our systems – see 5b below
- any location or geo-positioning information about you (longitude, latitude etc)
- any of your details held in secondary applications such as contacts, mail applications and the like
3. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- Improve the efficiency and interface of our presentation to you. i.e. we may find that a specific item is being regularly visited so we may move this item to a more prominent spot on our website or application
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5b. Mobile applications
Mobile Applications provided by us may identify themselves uniquely to our online systems by means of a unique user identifier (number) allocated to them when the application is first used online where such facilities are available to the application. This is similar to what Google calls the ‘client ID’.
This number bears no resemblence to any existing UDID or identifier associated with the mobile device.
This number can not be used to determine your location or any other details about you unless you specifically provide this information and grant us permission to do so. This information will never be shared with any third party.
6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question
7. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please emails us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
8. Google Analytics
Under section ‘7. Privacy’ of Google Analytics Terms of Service:
- we must not circumvent any privacy features (e.g. an Opt-out)
- we agree to the terms set out by Google for developers using their products and SDKs. You can see the details of this by following this link (external website).
See Google’s Terms of Service by following this link (external website).
We will never share, sell or trade information that we collect with any third party.
The term ‘JohnScottYoga’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Copying, linking, scraping or any other means of obtaining, duplicating or otherwise reproducing content from this website in electronic or other means without prior written consent of the copyright holder is strictly prohibited and will be pursued to the maximum extent under the law.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Please consult your doctor prior to engaging in any exercise program